Friday, September 16, 2011

The Bodie Blog - The German Shepherd Puppy!

Here is the latest picture of our newest puppy, Bodie.  I think he is turning out to be a beautiful German Shepherd Dog.


I am not good at writing. I can be a bit pedantic and rather terse. But... I will try. I will try to write a couple times a week and write more than just a sentence or two. I am not too sure of that but I will see how it goes. My partner, RB is much better at it than I am. She is a really good writer, and she writes with such humor that it is a joy to read her stuff. However, for some reason, she doesn't want to write about our German Shepherd puppy.  :(   In spite of nagging her for weeks!  :D

I have owned several dogs in the past. I hate to say it but I had a favorite - my German Shepherd, Willie. He was the best dog! I had to put him down about a year and a half ago and I still miss him. It took until just about six weeks ago to finally get another dog. I wanted another German Shepherd but I was worried about constantly comparing the new dog to Willie.  Then RB moved in about a year ago and she had never had a dog before. She had heard quite a few stories about Willie and thought we should get a German Shepherd. But for someone who had never had a pet, who really hadn't ever been around dogs before, German Shepherds ccould be quite intimidating.

So we went to the breeder where I got Willie and made RB be with the adult dogs only, even the big boys! And she fell in love! She wanted to get a puppy right then and there. I wasn't planning that but agreed, and that is how we got Bodie!  RB picked him out herself, a nice quiet, calm puppy.

But  it turned out that he was sick, and he isn't quite as calm as we expected.  Don't they say you don't get the dog you want, but the dog you need?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment